Here are seven reasons why Four Seasons Resort Orlando at Walt Disney World Resort is this month’s pick.
Imagine traveling a short distance from home then being greeted as if you are royalty at Central Florida’s only AAA Five Diamond resort for a staycation experience that will not soon be forgotten. The Four Seasons Resort Orlando at Walt Disney World Resort is currently offering special rates exclusively for Florida residents, including complimentary kids’ camp daily and valet parking, through Oct. 1.
Tucked away amidst luscious Florida landscape, Four Seasons is an oasis of luxury for adults and pure fun and excitement for children of all ages. Here are this publisher’s top seven reasons to pick Four Seasons for a 24-hour staycation that is certain to rejuvenate your mind, body and spirit without breaking the bank.
1. Lunch at PB&G: Check into your room, slip into your bathing suit and head to PB&G. The outdoor, poolside setting is inspired by the local water’s vegetation and southern comforts. Take it all in with the Explorerita signature cocktail in hand, and, of course, there are yummies for the kids.
2. Explorer Island: This family playground has two water slides (that are adult and kid friendly), a zero-entry family pool, volleyball, water basketball, a rock-climbing wall and more.
3. The Oasis: Don’t forget your Explorerita when you head to this adults-only pool to kick off your staycation. It’s a place where you can unwind and breathe. I personally loved the no cell phone policy.
4. The Lazy River: It’s one of the best I have floated along in Central Florida, providing a wealth of fun family time. The kids loved that they could float, slide, shoot some hoops and float some more.
5. Dinner at Ravello: This modern Italian restaurant has something for everyone, including a $35 three-course menu for Visit Orlando’s Magical Dining Month through Oct. 1. You won’t be disappointed with the Magical Dining menu, especially if you try the Polpettine (meatballs), which are “grandmother’s secret recipe.” Fresh pizza made at the wood-burning oven is perfect for a casual meal in a gorgeous setting. However, I indulged a bit and tried the Manzo, a prime dry-aged ribeye with a Fabrizio’s rub that is pure perfection.
6. Fireworks: The magical moment of watching fireworks never gets dull. After dinner, stroll up to the lounge at Capa for a coffee or an after-dinner drink on the terrace, where you can see the fireworks that are happening at Disney’s Magic Kingdom Park.
7. Sunday Brunch at Plancha: How is it that as a Florida native and resident who lives minutes from the dynamic resort, I have never brunched here? If you have not experienced Plancha, you have not truly experienced Sunday brunch. Need I say more?
In this crazy world, where we are on 24/7, it’s important to take some time to re-energize. I guarantee you that your mind, body, soul and bank account will thank you for weeks to come if you do these seven things during a 24-hour staycation at Four Seasons.