Check out all of the events and special offers throughout Orlando this Veterans Day.
According a report by WalletHub, a personal finance website, Orlando is ranked as the 10th best city for veterans to live in 2018. The report compared the 100 largest U.S. cities across 18 key metrics, including share of military skill-related jobs, housing affordability and availability of VA health facilities. Ranging from 1 for best and 50 for average, Orlando ranked 27th for homeless veterans per veteran population, 40th for veteran unemployment rate, 54th for veteran income growth and 7th for job growth.
Veterans Day is a tribute to soldiers of all wars. This Veterans Day weekend, The City Beautiful has a variety of events planned to honor those who have served.
- November 10
- City of Orlando Veterans Day Parade
- 11 a.m.
- The parade begins at the corner of Robinson Street and Orange Avenue and will travel south along Orange Avenue to Central Boulevard and will end at the corner of Rosalind Avenue and Robinson Street. It will feature marching bands, ROTC units, active duty military, decorative floats and veterans groups from all military branches representing a wide variety of conflicts.
- November 10
- Founders/Veterans Day Parade
- 10 a.m.
- The parade route will run along Front Street, turning onto Market Street, before making a left on Celebration Avenue. The parade will conclude at Founders Park.
- November 10
- Veterans Day Celebration
- 1 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Ace Cafe Orlando
- 100 W. Livingston St., Orlando, FL 32801
- Enjoy free draft beer for veterans, vendors galore, military vehicle display, bike ride-in with Orlando Harley Davidson, bounce house for kids, food and drink specials, and live entertainment. Co-hosted by the Florida Association of Veteran Owned Businesses and Ace Cafe Orlando, a portion of proceeds from the event will support veteran owned businesses.
- November 12
- Veterans Day Ceremony
- 11 a.m.
- Ocoee Women’s Club
- 4 N. Lakewood Avenue, Ocoee, FL
- This event will include a keynote speaker, music and flag presentations. Refreshments will be served after the ceremony.
Veterans can take advantage of the following offers this Veterans Day.
- 4 Rivers Smokehouse – On Nov. 12, all veterans and first responders (with valid I.D.) will receive a complimentary sandwich at their local 4 Rivers Smokehouse.
- Chili’s – On Nov. 11, veterans and active military members with a valid ID will receive a complimentary entree. Choose from Chicken Crispers, Margarita Grilled Chicken, Bowl of Chili or Soup & Salad, Chicken Bacon Ranch Quesadilla, Just Bacon Burger, Oldtimer with Cheese and Cajun Chicken Pasta.
- Crayola Experience – All active and retired military personnel receives free admission through the True Blue Heroes program through Nov. 30. Must show ID at admissions counter. Offer not valid for purchase online.
- Duffy’s Sports Grill – On Nov. 11 all veterans with a valid ID receive a 40% discount on food purchases from 5 p.m. to close. Offer is valid for dine-in only and cannot be combined with other discounts.
- Firebirds Wood Fired Grill – On Nov. 12, veterans and active military receive a free entree with the purchase of another entree. Bring a valid form of military ID or wear your uniform to redeem the offer.
- Fogo de Chao – From Nov. 9 to Nov. 11, veterans and active duty personnel with military ID receive 50% off meals at participating locations.
- Logan’s Roadhouse – On Nov. 12, all veterans and military personnel receive a free American Roadhouse Meal from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m with valid military ID. Beverage not included.
- Main Event – On Nov. 11, all military personnel will receive complimentary $10 in arcade play that can be used on all Main Event arcade games, and can choose one entrée from a select menu that features Bacon & Cheddar Burger, Jumbo Wings & Fries Combo, 10″ Ultimate Sausage & Pepperoni Pizza, Classic Cobb Salad, Crispy Chicken Tender Sandwich and Chicken Tenders & Fries.
- Orlando Science Center – Veterans with valid ID receive free admission for themselves and 50% off admission for their attending family members through Nov. 21.
- Starbucks – On Nov. 11, veterans, active duty service members and military spouses receive a free tall (12 oz.) brewed coffee at participating stores.
- Toojay’s – On Nov. 11, veterans and active duty military with valid military ID can enjoy a free entree from a special Veterans Day menu that includes Shepherd’s Pie, Open Faced Turkey Sandwich, Chopped Sirloin, Fish and Chips (lunch portion), Stuffed Chicken Breast, Choose Too Half Sandwich and Soup, Create Your Own Omelette, Broiled Cod with Lemon Dill Butter, Chicken Caesar Salad, Patty Melt, Deli Dogs, Portobello Parmesan, and Liver and Onions. Cannot be combined with any other offer and valid for dine-in only.
- Twin Peaks – On Nov. 12, veterans, active military members and reservists with valid ID receive a free select menu item, including a Philly Cheesesteak or Chicken Tenders with Fries.