Here’s the latest update on roads and bridges in Brevard, Flagler, Lake, Sumter, Marion, Seminole, Orange, Osceola and Volusia counties:
- All state road bridges are open.
- All movable bridges have been inspected and are open to vehicular traffic, but not to marine traffic at this time.
- Interstates 4, 75 and 95 within District 5 are open.
- There are lane and ramp closures on I-4 as follows:
- Lane closures: WB I-4 one mile north of John Young Parkway and WB I-4 at Michigam.
- Ramp closures: WB I-4 on ramp from State Road 434 is closed; WB I-4 off ramp to east bound Maitland Boulevard is closed; WB I-4 on ramp from South Street is closed; EB I-4 off ramp to north bound Kirkman is closed; and EB I-4 off ramp to west bound Maitland B1 is closed.
These will be closed until it is deemed safe by FDOT and law enforcement.
Other notable headlines:
Orlando International Will Resume Limited Service
Late Monday Orlando International said that that it is currently targeting Tuesday, Sept. 12 to resume some limited commercial service. PLEASE BE AWARE: according to their website, all passengers are advised to verify a confirmed seat assignment with their individual airlines before arriving at the airport.
Publix Begins Re-Opening Stores
After shutting down stores as Hurricane Irma approached, Publix Super Markets Inc. has started re-opening stores throughout Florida, Georgia, South Carolina and Alabama. They’ve made it easier on residents by having a status check website here.
Central Florida Gas Station Working to Refuel
Unfortunately, keeping gas stations fueled in Central Florida will be an uphill battle in the next couple of days, especially as evacuees are making their way back home. AAA said it could take a week for supply conditions to return to normal.