Barnsley Resort ‘An Elevated Summer Camp’
Summer camp isn’t just for the kids! Step onto Barnsley Resort, a 3,000-acre resort-meets-playground for a few days surrounded by nature, creating a refined getaway reminiscent of summer camp. From axe throwing and archery to horseback riding and elevated southern cuisine cooked over an open-flame, you’re sure to enjoy the ultimate elevated camp-y experience.
We have put together a list of our most favorite things to do at this family friendly resort that is a short flight or day drive away.
- Take a lesson or two on the art of archery and axe throwing.
- Ride a horse on a guided trail ride through the Blue Ridge Mountains.
- Get your adrenaline going and bring down flying clay disks with Beretta shotguns at the five-stand and on the 14-station clays course.
- Create memories together with the resort’s rotating calendar of special events, such as Family Friendly Bingo, live concerts, Birds of Prey seminars and more.
- It’s not summer camp without s’mores! Toast up a sweet treat at one of the resort’s outdoor fire pits.
- Stretch out and enjoy elevated accommodations in the 55-room Inn or one of the 39 cottages dotting the Village Green. Cottages accommodate families of all sizes with options ranging in size from one to seven bedrooms, each with living spaces and kitchenettes. Bring fido, as select cottages are pup-friendly!
- Explore the resort with a walk through the Manor House Ruins & Gardens.
- Fish, canoe or hike around the one-acre lake to the Overlook or jump on a bike and create the ultimate family fun day!