Mark your calendar because Florida’s Back-To-School Sales Tax Holiday begins this Friday! This year, the holiday runs from Friday, Aug. 2 to midnight on Tuesday, Aug. 6. During this period, you can stock up on tax-free qualifying items such as school supplies, clothes, shoes, accessories and some technology.
Items that are exempt from tax:
- Clothing, footwear and certain accessories selling for $60 or less per item
- School supplies selling for $15 or less per item
- Personal computers and certain computer-related accessories selling for $1,000 or less per item, when purchased for noncommercial home or personal use
However, the sales tax holiday does not apply to:
- Any item of clothing selling for more than $60
- Any school supply item selling for more than $15
- Books that are not otherwise exempt
- Computers and computer-related accessories purchased for commercial purposes
- Rentals or leases of any eligible items
- Repairs or alterations of any eligible items
- Sales of any eligible items in a theme park, entertainment complex, public lodging establishment or airport.
For more information and for a full list of eligible items, please review the Department of Revenue’s Tax Information Publication or visit www.FloridaRevenue.com/backtoschool