Springtime is the time of year when everyone wants to refresh their look—from new duds to a new haircut. This is also a time that many people take a look around their house and wish they could make changes. However, these days the question on most homeowners’ minds is how do I pay for the changes? Statistics show that the percentage of people who retain a designer for help with their home is relatively small. Approximately 10 percent or less engage the services of a design specialist. And with the ux in today’s real estate market, that number may be even lower. But there is a cost-e ective tool that can give you an instant makeover without spending the extra cash. It’s called ReDesign.
ReDesign was started in California in the early ’90s as a means of giving a home a new look in a day. There are many trained professionals who will come into your home and transform a room, or rooms, using what you already own. This method has also been seen on HGTV. ReDesign is a clear-cut answer to today’s homeowner who wants a fresh look on a budget. the beauty of this method is that you shop your home or even the garage so your wallet doesn’t get a workout.
Here are some ReDesign guidelines:
- Work with a partner because it is labor intensive and it is also good to have someone view your home with a “fresh eye.”
- Clear the room of all furniture, accessories and art so that you are starting with a clean palette.
- Once the room is cleared, look at your space and determine your focal points. Is there a replace, or TV or perhaps a view that you need to consider before reintroducing the furniture?
- Next, reintroduce the furniture, or even pieces pulled from another area back into the space.
- Now, lighting and rugs will be placed back into your new space.
- Lastly, the accessories are reintroduced, which also includes any art or pictures.
Once the new room is complete, make a list of items you think you need to fully complete the look. This could be a lamp, owers, or even changing your wall color. These are things that can be done over time to fully enhance the new space you have created. Step back and admire the new room you have created. You have instant “bang” for little or no buck. the main reason this method makes such an impact is because often homeowners become complacent with their rooms.
They walk in and out of their rooms never really “looking” but often thinking that the current room arrangement is the only way that the room can be used. However, by clearing the room and starting with an open space you create more possibilities. Soon you will see that in as little as a day you can have the new look you are looking for.