- 1 cup Florida Orange Juice
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 tbsp. hot sauce
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 6 tbsp. vegetable oil, divided
- 2 tbsp. lime juice
- 1 tbsp. white miso
- 1 ½ lbs. chicken
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt
- ⅛ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 English cucumber, sliced into half moons
- 3 scallions, sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 tsp. sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp. cilantro, chopped
- Optional – 2 tsp. red pepper flakes
1. Place water in a pot and bring to a boil.
2. Add quinoa, reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook for 15 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
3. While quinoa is cooking, place Florida Orange Juice, hot sauce, honey, soy sauce, four tablespoons vegetable oil, lime juice, and miso in a bowl and whisk together. Remove half and set aside
4. Add chicken to remaining half and marinate for 15 minutes.
5. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add two tablespoons oil.
6. Add chicken to wok and sauté until no longer pink and cooked through. Optional: add 2 tsp. red pepper flakes to chicken.
7. Place ½ cup quinoa in a bowl and top with pepper, cucumber, scallions, avocado, and chicken.
8. Drizzle with dressing that was set aside and garnish with sesame seeds and cilantro.
Lisa Cooper, MS, RD, LDN
Center for Health Improvement