SALES! SALES! SALES! Thanksgiving weekend has come with a variety of meanings. Some consider it the perfect and only weekend they have with their families, while others spend the weekend shopping and preparing for the rest of the holiday season. Those opposing views are prominent among different companies as well, where they make an executive […]
SALES! SALES! SALES!
Thanksgiving weekend has come with a variety of meanings. Some consider it the perfect and only weekend they have with their families, while others spend the weekend shopping and preparing for the rest of the holiday season. Those opposing views are prominent among different companies as well, where they make an executive decision to stay open to make a profit during Black Friday, or close in order to allow employees to spend time with their families. Those hungry to get ahead on holiday shopping look forward to the news of stores staying open, while others appreciate the human concern for giving employees a break. Many locations around the country have decided to close their doors on Thanksgiving Day in order to give their employees time to spend with family and friends.
Major retailers such as BJ’s Wholesale Club, Costco and IKEA are closed on Thanksgiving. Even “specialty” stores such as JOANN Fabric and Craft stores, Party City and PetSmart are closed. Here’s a full list of stores that are going to be closed on Thanksgiving Day in Florida:
- Academy Sports + Outdoors
- At Home
- BJ’s Wholesale Club
- Cost Plus World Market
- Crate and Barrel
- DSW – Designer Shoe Warehouse
- Ethan Allen
- Guitar Center
- Harbor Freight
- Hobby Lobby
- Home Depot
- JOANN Fabric and Craft Stores
- Jos. A. Bank
- La-Z-Boy (all corporately owned stores)
- Mattress Firm
- Neiman Marcus
- Office Depot and OfficeMax
- Party City
- Pier 1 Imports
- Sam’s Club
- Sierra Trading Post
- Sportsman’s Warehouse
- Sprint (Corporate & Dealer Owned Stores; Mall Kiosks May Open)
- Stein Mart
- The Container Store
- The Original Mattress Factory
- TJ Maxx
- Tractor Supply
- West Marine
Some department and specialty stores have started promoting holiday sales and providing coupons for individuals who want to keep Thanksgiving as a family day while still getting started on their holiday shopping early. Amazon is part of this list, offering its deals now through Black Friday as part of its “50 Days of Holiday Deals.” (include this link: http://www.amazon.com/blackfriday)
Here is a list of some local Black Friday sales so you can begin preparing your shopping route:
- 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Discounts are available at stores such as Victoria’s Secret, Bath & Body Works, Champs Sports, Dillard’s, Sears and so much more. Also enjoy a Black Friday concert performed by Bailey Callahan and a special appearance by 103.1 The Wolf from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Special Deal: Spend $250 or more and receive a $25 gift certificate to Oyishi Japanese Steakhouse for redemption at Rustic Journeys.
- For more information visit: MyOviedoMall.com
Rosen Hotels & Resorts
All of the Rosen properties will be offering their deepest discounts of the year from Black Friday through Cyber Monday. Here’s what you can expect:
- Rosen Inn International, Rosen Inn closest to Universal, Rosen Inn at Pointe Orlando and Clarion Inn Lake Buena Vista’s Thanksgiving Package runs November 17, 2017 to November 30, 2017 with rates starting at $59.99 per night plus applicable taxes. The package includes complimentary buffet breakfast for two adults and a shoppers’ survival kit with coupons and discounts, while supplies last. To book, visit OrlandoHotels4Less.com/thanks or call 877.224.5377.
- Rosen Plaza, Rosen Centre and Rosen Shingle Creek invite guests to book a getaway anytime from Black Friday through Cyber Monday for stays December 1, 2017 to December 27, 2017 and receive 30 percent off the best available rate and 30 percent off select award-winning restaurants at the three hotels. To book, call 866.33.ROSEN or visit RosenPlaza.com, RosenCentre.com or RosenShingleCreek.com
On “Blue Friday,” SeaWorld is offering its biggest sale of the year on tickets and passes to unforgettable park experiences. Online only deals include the following BOGO offers:
- BOGO Free: SeaWorld Orlando Single-Day Ticket
- BOGO Free: 2-Park Tickets (SeaWorld and Aquatica)
- BOGO 50% off: SeaWorld Orlando/Aquatica One-Year Annual Pass
- BOGO Free: Beluga and Walrus Up-Close Tour, which now includes a special opportunity to see Ginger, the baby walrus born at SeaWorld this summer.
- BOGO Free: Quick Queue Unlimited at SeaWorld
- BOGO Free: Dine With Shamu
- BOGO 50% off: All-Day Dining
Additional offers include:
- Save up to $110 on Discovery Cove Gift Admission Packages
- Save 30% on all merchandise from SeaworldShop.com
For more information please visit: SeaWorldOrlando.com
Black Friday Shopping Tips
When looking into holiday deals, keep an eye out on the fine print in any advertisements you see in print or online. Many times the sales seem to apply to the entirety of the store or specific sections, but once you arrive you find out certain brands are excluded from the deal.
Download coupons on your phone using apps relating to the stores directly to get the best deals or apps that compile your preferences in order to send you the best deals.
Following brands on social media also helps, as they count down to the holiday season and post sales as they get closer. Many items will be sold in bundles to advertise the “best deal,” but take your time and compare the bundle to each item if they were sold separately. Do you really need the entire bundle as well? There’s no need to spend all of that money if you’re only going to use one out of three items in a bundle.
Sales and stores may seem to drive a hard bargain, but remember that keeping an eye out and only going for what you need will keep your holiday budget in check and your spirits merry and bright.