In the heart of Central Florida, Habitat for Humanity Greater Orlando & Osceola County is not just about building houses; our organization is deeply committed to enhancing the well-being and vitality of the community we serve. With a focus on creating or maintaining safe, affordable housing options, we are dedicated to improving the health of local residents while also contributing to the economic growth of Central Florida.
We do this through a multifaceted approach:
- Policy Change: Introducing Habitat Orlando & Osceola’s plan to Face the Housing Crisis™ through our Cornerstone Housing™ Framework, we are bringing attention to one of our community’s most pressing and widespread challenges. The initiative raises awareness about the housing crisis and mobilizes resources, expertise and public support to tackle this critical issue head-on. Addressing housing instability can improve overall societal well-being and enhance economic stability for countless individuals and families.
- Affordable Housing Solutions: By offering secure, stable and affordable housing, Habitat Orlando & Osceola significantly reduces housing-related stressors that can take a toll on both physical and mental health. In a region where housing is often a financial strain, this is a lifeline for many residents, providing them with a sense of security and stability vital to their overall well-being.
- Resource Allocation: When housing is affordable, families have more financial flexibility, allowing them to invest in their health and the education of themselves and their children. This, in turn, has a positive ripple effect on the community, creating a stronger workforce.
- Sustainable Features: All Habitat Orlando & Osceola homes are energy-efficient and constructed with sustainable materials. This results in lower utility bills for residents and contributes to a cleaner environment, benefiting both the homeowners and the community.
- Counseling & Education: Our free HUD-approved housing counseling and Habitat U classes equip families with the knowledge and skills needed to become homeowners and preserve their affordable homes. We empower individuals and families to achieve long-term stability and well-being by fostering financial literacy and awareness.
Your donation does more than support these services and initiatives — it’s an investment into our region. Habitat for Humanity Greater Orlando & Osceola County is transforming individual lives and fortifying our community’s very foundation. Our work exemplifies the essence of community care and responsibility, illustrating that positive change is attainable when we unite to forge a brighter future. Join a cause that directly impacts the communities in which we live and work by visiting www.HabitatOrlando.org.
Catherine Steck McManus is president and CEO of Habitat for Humanity Greater Orlando & Osceola County.