Just because we’re in the middle of a global pandemic, doesn’t mean that the need for normal health care services gets put on hold. Family members still get sick, and need yearly checkups, urgent care and emergency services just like always. We’ve partnered with AdventHealth to take a closer look at what they’re doing to keep patients safe while getting the care they need.
Primary Care from the Comfort of Home
As we all know by now, social distancing is a key step to staying safe these days. And AdventHealth is offering a variety of ways to protect families in this manner. At the forefront is the use of virtual technology. You can use online tools to schedule primary care appointments, check in and out of in-person doctor visits and pay your bill. You can even schedule a virtual visit with a primary care provider on your phone or tablet. Virtual visits are video calls, where the provider can talk to you about your treatment plan, renew your prescriptions and review your test results — without you ever having to leave the safety of home.
If you prefer to have an in-person visit with a doctor, they are taking extraordinary measures to protect you and your family while in their offices.
Virtual waiting rooms are available that allow you to wait in your car until notified when it’s time to come into the building. You are then walked directly to the examination room instead of congregating in waiting rooms and standing in lines. All staff and visitors are provided a mask to wear while in their facilities and your temperature is checked before entering. Plus, all spaces are frequently sanitized for your protection.
For more information and to schedule a primary care appointment, visit CentralFloridaPrimaryCare.com.
Providing a Safe Network of Urgent Care
Now that summer is here, families are going to be spending more time outdoors — at the beach, in the pool or on the playground. And, as always, an active summer comes with its share of accidents and illnesses. It’s comforting to know that AdventHealth has more than 35 Centra Care urgent care centers across Central Florida. These centers offer high-quality, convenient treatment for those non-life-threatening injuries or illnesses, such as summer colds, allergies, swimmer’s ear, rashes, bug bites or sun burns. Plus, they’re taking extra, safety precautions at every location, including masks for all staff and patients, social distancing in lobbies, frequent sanitizing of all areas and limiting non-patient visitors. You can view a detailed list of safety measures at CentraCare.org.
CENTRA CARE FEATURES
• Urgent care available seven days a week with extended evening and weekend hours
• Walk-ins welcome or make an online reservation
• X-rays, stitches and labs performed on site
• Many popular over-the-counter and prescription medications on site, saving you a trip to the pharmacy
• Two Centra Care Kids locations with a pediatrician always on site
• More than 35 years of urgent care experience
COMMON CONDITIONS TREATED AT CENTRA CARE
• Allergic reactions and hives
• Cold, flu and common illnesses
• Fractures, sprains and strains
• Minor cuts and burns
• Stomach and digestive conditions
To make an online reservation, visit CentraCare.org.
Emergency Care on Demand
No matter what, you shouldn’t have to question whether it is safe to visit the ER during a medical emergency. AdventHealth is applying extra safety measures to all of their emergency rooms. Furthermore, all those testing positive for COVID-19 and symptomatic patients are carefully quarantined away from other patients and visitors. The hospital staff are experts when it comes to preventing the spread of diseases and maintaining a germ-free environment, which can give us all peace of mind.
TYPICAL REASONS TO VISIT THE ER
• Complicated fractures
• Deep wounds
• Extreme difficulty breathing
• Major head injury
• Severe allergic reactions
• Severe burns
• Suspected heart attack
• Suspected stroke
• Vomiting or coughing up blood
SPECIAL FEATURES OF THE ADVENTHEALTH EMERGENCY CARE NETWORK
• ER’s are staffed with Board Certified ER Physicians and specialty trained ER nurses
• Outstanding emergency pediatric treatment
• Rapid-assessment zones expedite your care
• Central Florida’s first Code STEMI rapid response program that can actually stop a heart attack in progress
• 24/7 access to in-house cardiac catheterization lab
• 24/7 interventional neuroradiology
• 24/7 Telemedicine for stroke and behavioral health
• Emergency medical services (EMS) partnership to provide life-saving care to stroke patients before they arrive at the ER
• Shorter wait times
• Central Florida’s #1 choice for emergency care
• 12 locations across Orange, Seminole and Osceola County
Know Where to Go
When you’re sick or injured, do you know the best place to go for treatment? Use the chart below to find the best option for your condition.