Americans are once again flocking to their favorite restaurants, especially those that offer outdoor dining and follow the rules of social distancing. Experts agree that it’s safer to dine outside, where respiratory particles can dissipate into the air, reducing a diner’s chance of catching colds, flu, and COVID-19.
Fortunately, there are a variety of dining options in MetroWest that offer outdoor seating, from fast casual bistros to upscale fine dining establishments. Residents don’t have to travel too far to enjoy dining in fresh air, which has always been popular in Florida’s beautiful springtime weather.
Following are a just a few MetroWest restaurants that offer outdoor seating:
- Rios Bistro and Steakhouse is described as offering contemporary Italian cuisine with a Brazilian touch. This steakhouse has outdoor seating, with a sunset view, and can host mini weddings, private dinner meetings or private parties under open skies. 7065 Westpointe Blvd.
- Sports enthusiasts can enjoy outdoor seating at Friendly Confines, an easygoing sports pub featuring Chicago-inspired comfort food, table games and their popular “Cubbie Claws.” 2461 S. Hiawassee Rd.
- Izziban Sushi and BBQ is known for their all-you-can-eat Korean barbecue and sushi with items created using fresh ingredients, with bold and inspiring flavors. 6996 Piazza Grande Ave., Suite 100
- The trendy Teak Neighborhood Grill serves microbrews and award-winning handcrafted burgers using fresh, local, and organic ingredients. 6400 Times Square Ave.
- Tijuana Flats is a fast-casual kitschy Tex-Mex restaurant known for an extensive hot sauce bar, their colorful, muraled walls and lively outdoor patio. 2320 Kirkman Rd.
- Described as a little piece of Brazil in Orlando, A Brasileira Restaurant is a casual, colorful lunch spot and a favorite among locals looking for authentic Brazilian fare. 2417 S. Hiawassee Rd
- Another popular spot with outdoor seating is Achilles Art Café, a coffee shop and café with a European flair. This colorful, art-filled coffeehouse serves light fare including smoothies, Greek and Mediterranean sandwiches, plus wine and beer. 2295 S. Hiawassee Rd., Suite #100A.
Studies have shown that fresh air improves your mood by decreasing anxiety and increasing happiness. Spending time outdoors also improves concentration, memory, and attention, reduces stress levels, and may even help you heal faster.
So, with a variety of options from which to choose, MetroWest residents can sit back, enjoy warm breezes and commune with nature while dining al fresco at one of the neighborhood’s many unique restaurants and cafes. This is yet another aspect of the community that embodies the MetroWest motto…LIVE. WORK. PLAY. CONNECT.