For the eighth year in a row, MetroWest Master Association (MWMA) welcomed thousands of attendees to the free annual WinterFest held on Dec. 21 from 4 to 9 p.m. at the MetroWest Golf Club. WinterFest 2019 began with Santa and Buzz Lightyear parachuting in, much to the delight of children in attendance.
MetroWest WinterFest 2019 benefited Edgewood Children’s Ranch, a nonprofit, residential program that helps boys and girls ages 6-17 address and overcome behavioral issues in a positive, safe environment. Every year, MetroWest communities and businesses compete in the MetroWest WinterFest Charity Challenge by collecting dry goods, sporting equipment, gift cards and more for the Ranch. Fairwinds Credit Union was the winner of the 2019 Charity Challenge prize of $200, which Fairwinds then donated to Edgewood Children’s Ranch.
WinterFest also featured a check presentation from MWMA to MetroWest Elementary School and Westpointe Elementary School, with each school receiving $2,500.
WinterFest, a free, family event with fun for all ages, included:
• The hit movie “Toy Story 4” shown on a big screen on the MetroWest Golf green
• Live Woody, Buzz Lightyear and Jessie characters
• Free photos with Santa and Mrs. Claus
• Holiday-themed performances by MetroWest Elementary School and Westpointe Elementary School
• A snow slide, merry-go-round, bungie bouncer, ballistic swing carnival ride, and skating rink
• Face painters and pony rides
• Food Truck Zone
• Giant “Toy Story”-themed holiday tree
Developed in 1986, MetroWest is one of Orlando’s first master-planned communities and features award-winning landscaping and MetroWest Golf Club, as well as high-performing public schools, Valencia College campus and convenient access to both I-4 and 408 from the west side of Orlando. MetroWest offers a community lifestyle with neighborhood businesses and outdoor recreation options. The diverse community is complemented by a range of living options, from single-family homes of all sizes to apartments and condominiums. For more information, please visit www.MetroWestCommunity.com.