As the season changes, many homeowners want to refresh their interiors in preparation for the “cozy” season ahead. The dining room, a space where families and friends gather to share meals, socialize and create memories, is a prime area to refresh. Here are some dining room trends to consider as you welcome the fall.
- Earthy Tones with a Pop of Vibrant Color: This fall, the color palette is all about mixing earthy tones like deep greens, browns, and beiges. However, the twist is to add a pop of vibrant color like pink, orange or mustard yellow. These colors can invite bold and lively conversations and interactions in the dining space.
- Mismatch: Gone are the days when dining tables or chairs must be one color or material. If you want to add more style, think Scandinavian or Windsor chairs with banquette seating. Think wooden tabletops with metallic legs or a marble top with wooden stands.
- Statement Lighting: Lighting plays a pivotal role in setting the ambiance. The right fixture can illuminate a space and serve as a piece of art. This season, oversized pendant lights and chandeliers with geometric designs and billiard lighting are stealing the show. Depending on your style, these light fixtures can meet your vision of an elegant or modern statement piece.
- Surfboard Tables: Surfboard tables are trending in 2023. These semi-rectangular tables are a lifesaver for large families needing extra gathering space. As previously mentioned, the tables are perfect for mismatched seating, adding some edge to the dining area.
- Wallpaper: Having some fun with wallpapers is an easy way to refresh the dining room. Trends include bold and colorful prints, murals, stripes and vintage florals. Incorporating the use of wallpaper into the dining room adds your personality to the space, a true statement.
6. Natural Elements:
Bringing nature inside has become a popular trend. Potted plants, dried flower arrangements, and wooden decor are just a few pieces that create a connection with nature. Think of serene colors like brown, sage, and ivory. They add a touch of warmth to the dining space. If you need inspiration, look at the trending biophilic design, which aims to reduce stress while strengthening your connection with nature.
Whether you’re a minimalist, a maximalist, or somewhere in between, a trend is waiting for you to explore. And with Orlando’s extensive options for stores and interior designers, you can easily find the right pieces and inspiration to bring your vision to life.