Instant Pot is a brand of multi cookers that combines pressure cookers and slow cookers. Since its release in 2010, it has become one of the most popular kitchen gadgets. There is no limit to what you can make. If the records are any indicator, Instant Pots are here to stay.
Enjoy trying out these three Instant Pot recipes!
Mac and Cheese
Courtesy of Food Network Kitchen
- 1 pound elbow macaroni
- Kosher Salt
- 1 12oz can evaporated milk
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 cups shredded mild or medium Cheddar
- Combine macaroni, 4 cups water and 1 tablespoon salt. Set to pressure cook on high for 4 minutes.
- Quick release and wait until the cycle is complete. Unlock and remove the lid and switch to the low sauté setting.
- Stir in the evaporated milk, butter and 1/4 cup water. Add the Cheddar, a little at time, until the cheese is completely melted. Serve hot.
Instant Pot Chili
Courtesy of Betty Crocker Kitchens
- tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1lb extra lean (at least 90%) ground beef
- 1cup chopped onions
- 1tablespoon chili powder
- 1 1/2teaspoons ground cumin
- 3/4teaspoon salt
- 1/2teaspoon pepper
- 2cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1can (19 oz) Progresso™ kidney beans, drained, rinsed
- 1can (14.5 oz) Muir Glen™ organic fire roasted crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 3/4cup water
- Shredded Cheddar cheese, sliced green onions and chopped fresh cilantro leaves, if desired
- Select sauté; adjust to normal. Heat oil in insert. Add beef, onion, chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper; cook 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly cooked. Select CANCEL.
- Stir in garlic, beans, tomatoes, and water. Secure lid; set pressure valve to SEALING. Select MANUAL; cook on high pressure 5 minutes. Select CANCEL. Keep pressure valve in SEALING position to release pressure. Top with cheese, green onions, and cilantro.
Courtesy of Pressure Cook Recipes
- 1 pound pork tenderloin, 1.5” thick
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter or olive oil
- 1 cup unsalted chicken stock
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2.5 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- Set to sauté. Heat pot for 8 minutes. Pat dry and season one side of tenderloin with salt +pepper. Drizzle pot with 1 tbsp unsalted butter or olive oil. Cook until brown. Repeat on other side.
- Set pork aside. Add 1 cup unsalted chicken stock and deglaze pot. Turn off heat. In a bowl mix 1 tbsp dried oregano, dried sage, dried rosemary and 3 minced garlic cloves. Apply dry rub to pork tenderloin then place in Instant Pot. Cook at high pressure for 0 minutes, then 15 minutes natural release.
- Check internal temperature at its thickest part (should be above 142° F). Place on chopping board. Rest for 3 minutes then slice into bite-size medallions.
- Mix 2.5 tbsp cornstarch with 3 tbsp cold water. Add cornstarch mixture 1/3 at a time to thicken. Taste & adjust seasoning. Serve.