Courtesy of Second Harvest Food Bank of Central Florida
Chips? Check. Salsa? Check. Now you need a nice, hearty side to serve with your tailgate protein of choice. Prepare this salad the day before and chill it so all the flavors will meld together. It’ll be a refreshing hit.
• 1 can (15 ounces) black-eyed peas
• 1 cucumber with seeds removed, diced
• 1 tomato, diced
• 1/2 red onion, diced
• 1/4 cup chopped cilantro or parsley
• 1-2 tablespoon mayonnaise
• 1-2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
• Salt and pepper to taste
Drain and rinse black eyed peas. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, stir. Served best when thoroughly chilled.